Speaker: Aaron Gong @aaronghj
This workshop will show participants how to build applications using NuxtJS (A VueJS Framework), based on real-world experience in shipping products from scratch. In the process, we will also look at various means of building performant websites.
Within the 3 hours (remaining 0.5 hours will be for Q and A, as well as helping slower paced participants), we will cover the following:
- SPA, SSR and Static Websites, which one to use.
- Building for performance, code splitting, tree shaking, lazy-loaded resources
- Important points on NuxtJS such as architecture, configuration, SSR features & lifecycle, etc.
- Creating your first NuxtJS project and explanation on options available
- What are plugins, modules and which one to use
- Sign In Page & Crud Page
- Hands-on learning Of VueJS and NuxtJS concepts
- there will be a local backend API with authentication to test things out).
- Gotchas & Edge Cases
- Coding problems that can occur in SSR
- How to get dynamic Vuex store to work
- Deployment as SPA, SSR, Static Website
- Q&A Session
Bring a laptop. Please have the following software installed before attending, we will not have time to troubleshoot installation issues
- NodeJS version 10 and above, NPM
- Code editor (VS Code recommended)
Aaron is a Consultant with Zenika. Ever since his first VueJS experience in an opensource project (vue-crud-x). He has decided to work exclusively with VueJS and web components to ship products. He co-organises VueJS meetups to share experiences and help others. He feels that one should know fundamentals before frameworks.
Event Page: https://2019.jsconf.asia/
Produced by Engineers.SG
Help us caption & translate this video!