- Zion Ng
- Hazrul Azhar Jamari
- Michael Cheng
1) PSR-2 deprecated and replaced by PSR-12 (5 mins)
As of 2019-08-10 PSR-2 has been marked as deprecated. PSR-12 is now recommended as an alternative.
2) Rating oneself in PHP or a framework (20 mins)
When you are asked in an interview to rate yourself in a programming language or framework, what answer will you give and based on what criteria?
3) The future of PHP in Asia (20 mins)
Are companies still using PHP? What are the new developments in Asia?
- Yes, still big in Malaysia. Still big in Open Source.
- Yes for WordPress Themes.
- More variety - Ruby, NodeJS, Go Lang
- Still big in Japan
- PHP Con JP
- WordCamp (Tokyo, etc)
- More flexibility. Simple deployment. Apache / Nginx
- Headless - PHP backend as API + SPA FE
Event Page: https://www.meetup.com/sgphpug/events/268438960/
Produced by Engineers.SG
Recorded by: Michael Cheng
Help us caption & translate this video!